So, that chart lasted about one week. I know. But then, I had a baby and Brandon graduated and we moved, etc., etc. But, I do have and awesome Find to share.
We found Saturday Jobs!
When I was growing up, we had very little routines in our house. My dad's job never was routine so if we wanted to spend time together as a family we had to be VERY flexible. Not having routines was nice sometimes, we got to eat out for dinner a lot which meant all of us learned to eat and like lots of different foods (i.e. we've all liked hummus, guacamole, and stir fry since we were kids, instead of your typical kid fare like chicken nuggets and hot dogs). I LOVED my childhood and I think my siblings would tell you the same.
But, I married a person who needs routine. And it turns out that I kind of like that. And I kind of like routines. Giving Elly sleeping routines when she was a baby saved my sanity. And it's saving me right now with Miles. Our family LOVES our pizza on Saturday night routine/tradition. Anyway...
Our new routine is Saturday Jobs. I have always shied away from "traditional/generic" household methods. Thanks Mom and Dad. But, recently I realized that in our family, it's a good way to get stuff done. We all wake up on Saturday and instead of jumping right into morning TV/computer time, we have breakfast and then start our Saturday Jobs. And you know what? Basically, our whole house gets cleaned once a week! It's kind of amazing to me. And this didn't just start last week. We've been doing this since the middle of June and it's working out just great! We mostly have the same jobs each week. That makes it easy and quick (once you get the hang of your job, you find ways to make it more efficient). Brandon is awesome and he vacuums the ENTIRE house with the central vacuum system. I alternate giving the kitchen or the three bathrooms a good scrub down. And Elly switches off each week either dusting the window sills with a duster that goes over her hand like a glove, cleaning all the door knobs with wipes, or helping me with the bathrooms (today she cleaned the whole toilet by herself...seriously).
I actually like cleaning the house and not only because afterward it's clean. I love looking back into the bathrooms after I've cleaned them to see how awesome they look and feel good that I did that.
Anyway, that's the deal with Saturday Jobs and I highly recommend it.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment