I am now entering the world of "charts". I needed a way to help us organize what needs to be done around this house. But, instead of a "chore chart", I decided to make a "contributing to the family chart". I read an article about how children who are the most resilient are the ones who feel like they are contributing to something greater than themselves (like a family unit). I don't think the only way children (or adults) contribute to the family is by doing "chores", so I added some contributions I think family members make each day to the family. But, I am also super picky about the way things look, so I had to be choosy about what I put on the chart. I wanted each family member to have two things they were in charge of doing every day. Of course, there are tons of other things that we do (especially the parents) each day to contribute to the family, but I just couldn't fit everything. So, I decided to put the things I might not do otherwise without the chart that day.
To be honest, I created this chart for me. I have basically been an "as needed" housekeeper. This system pretty much sucks because you live in a mess until the last possible second you can't stand it anymore. I can't tell you how many times my husband has told me that he "needs whites", if you know what I mean. And then, I do a load of laundry, until the next time he says that. This must stop. So, I'm giving the chart a go. I spent a while creating it today (so it would be pretty), and I think I'm going to laminate it and use magnets to "check off" the completed items. Does that make any sense? I'm setting a goal for everyone to have their two items checked off by dinner time. Wish me luck!
3 comments:
I LOVE this! How do you get Brandon to do the dishes EVERYDAY???
:-)
We need a chart like this too... Thanks for sharing...
love this!
Great idea! I think you deserve a reward if you do it every day!
Post a Comment