What is it? It's like an email inbox for new blog content. Say, each new blog post on your friends' blogs is an email- it gets sent to your Google Reader "inbox". All you have to do is login and check your inbox to see if anyone posted anything new! It's awesome!!!! I love love love it. It has saved me so much internet time.
How do I get it?You do need a (free) google account. If you have gmail, you already have one. Just go to the Google Reader page and sign in- or get an account. Once you're into your Reader homepage, click on the +Add subscription button on the left hand side and start entering your blog addresses and adding them one at a time. From then on- just go to your Google Reader page each day instead of 50 different blogs at a time!
ps, For advanced geek moms: Have you ever seen the icon I displayed above? It's the RSS icon. You may have seen it on various websites with something like "subscribe to our RSS feed" by it. By clicking on that icon when you are logged into your Google Reader account, you can add a subscription that way, too.
3 comments:
i looovee my google reader. it has become my best friend as of lately...so easy and all in one place! lovely!
Hey Lacy-
I love the google reader idea. It will save valuable time so I can blog stalk many more people! I also have a 'find' for you. I just bought a Rival 18oz slow cooker gravy boat. I used it to melt chocolate for dipping strawberries! It was perfect! Just dump a bag of chocolate chips in and let it sit on the counter. It melts pretty quickly and it is the perfect size! There is minimal mess and it keeps the chocolate at the perfect temperature so you can complete the job without having to re-heat. LOVED IT!
WENDY
I didn't know about this. Thanks, I always hate checking each one of the blogs to see new updates just to be disappointed each time when there were no new posts.
Post a Comment