
Okay people. I will be the first to say that I am a scrapbooking idiot. You'd think with my art degree and everything, I could figure out how to put my child's life into a smallish book for safe keeping. You'd be wrong. Thanks for nothing U of U. Here's the thing, I have exactly one million pictures of my darling baby girl and I'd like them to be more accessible than the F: drive on our desktop. Also, I have deletaphobia. I just can't bring myself to permanently delete a picture of said baby...ever. She's just too adorable. (I know, I'm working on it.) Anyway, I have so many pictures and I need a creative easy way to display them/save them for her to see later without her having to scroll through millions of photos. I also want to write little blurbs about the pictures. Now, some of you may be saying:
"Duh, don't you have like three blogs?"
and to you I'd say:
"Yes, I do, but there are some things on the blog that don't belong in a book about Elly. Although, it is mostly about her, you're right."
And I'd also say to you:
"Try not to say duh anymore, it really dates you".
So, I found some digital scrap booking places online like this one. You can create your pages online and they send them to you in a book. My question is: what do you think? What is your "memory preservation system"? Do you do it the good old way with die cuts, acid free paper and brads? Do you just print out your pictures and put them in a pre slotted album? Do you make shutterfly books? What do you do? I need help.
4 comments:
Wow, what a timely post. My sister Melanie and I have been discussing digital scrapbooking for the past few days.
I've made a few books using Heritage Makers, but have recently become disenfranchised with their business and Mel and I have been discussing other options in the digital scrapbooking world. We're looking into purchasing Photoshop. You can download a LOT of free digital scrapbook sets (papers, embellishments, etc.) and use photoshop to put it together. Then you can get your pages printed at places like Walmart or Kinkos for not that much.
As far as deleting photos on your computer, burn them all to discs! I recently burned everything to disk that was before 2008 and deleted everything that is now on the CDs.
And that is all.
Hope this helps!
ps: I was just looking through the books I've made again last night. I absolutely love them. I highly recommend digital scrapbooking! Hehehe.
I'm trying to make the transition from paper scrapbooking to digital (or at least hybrid.) It's hard to quit! I have seen some really cute photo books from Blurb.com that are a great option.
I like to use Mypublisher.com through the Costco Photo. It saves a lot of money (Offering up to 45% off) and seems to be very uncomplicated. However, I do have photoshop and would like to know how to do the digiscrapping, but it just hasn't worked out for me and I find I spend almost as much time per page as I would if I was putting actual stickers and such on paper.
Post a Comment