2.13.2008

Parent Find: Food Smocks


Elly has been learning to feed herself these past few months...because she needs this skill later in life, but mostly because she insists on doing it herself (and a little because most of the time I don't feel the need to sit for half an hour and feed her spoonful by spoonful). Well, by the end of let's say breakfast, she has most of her oatmeal on her tray, not in her bowl. The bib that covers her chest is doing nothing to help protect her elbows when she puts her arms down. She comes out of the whole ordeal with a beautifully clean front and oatmeal arms! So, I found these smocks at Petite Violette and fell in love. Don't you LOVE the little cherries? Ok, so maybe $35 is too much to spend on a glorified bib, but let's keep this idea in mind and maybe we'll find another way to realize it! By the way Moms with older kids, I bet they're also great as craft smocks, when you'd rather the glue and glitter stay off the clothes.

No comments: