6.02.2008

Parent Find: Growth Chart



I have wanted a growth chart for a little while to put in Elly's room. But, I want a really, really cute one. I saw this one on Designmom today and I kind of like it. I like the idea, for sure, and I was thinking- could I make this? I definitely can't swing the $45 for it right now. I know a creative genius (like either of my two sisters) could make this. But, this seems like just a strip of natural canvas, some embroidery thread and a ribbon- am I wrong?

What kind of growth charts do you use for your kids or did you use when you were a kid? When I was growing up, we used the wall in my mom's closet. That was awesome, but I am much more transient than that and I need my growth chart to be able to come with me wherever I move without demolition of any kind.

2 comments:

Missy said...

Lacy, you are so right about doing this for WAY cheaper. My friend just made one for me in a Utah homemaking meeting. Natural canvas, a dowel on top tied with cute striped ribbon, and sharpie-marked lines for measuring. She painted some cute dinosaurs on it too and it actually has vinyl lettering that says "I hope they call me on a mission when I have grown a foot or two...", but you get the picture. Easy!

Anne said...

lacy--i am glad you found me! your blog is so cute! and your photography is wonderful. i am excited to try the baking soda tips and i love design mom, too. let's get together soon.

amcnallya(at)yahoo(dot)com